1Evacuation alert for Fraser River West to Michelle Bazaeko FSR Area | Evacuation alert reduced for Fraser River West to Michelle Bazaeko FSR Area Read More
2Evacuation order downgraded to alert for Lang Lake and Murphy Lake area | Evacuation order downgraded to alert for Lang Lake and Murphy Lake area Read More
5Evacuation Alert Intersection of Upper Dog Creek Road and Gustafson Dog Creek FSR Area | Evacuation Alert Intersection of Upper Dog Creek Road and Gustafson Dog Creek FSR Area Read More
6Evacuation Alert for Mayfield Lake Area north to Buckley Drive west to Fraser River | Evacuation Alert for Mayfield Lake Area north to Buckley Drive west to Fraser River Read More
7Evacuation alert issued for Hawkins Lake and Eagle Creek Area | Evacuation alert issued for Hawkins Lake and Eagle Creek Area Read More
Evacuation order issued for South West Narcosli Creek Area | Evacuation order issued for south west Narcosli Creek Area Read More
Evacuation order expanded for north western CRD Boundary to west of Nazko | Evacuation order expanded for north western CRD Boundary to west of Nazko Read More
We are looking for your help to conserve a piece of Cariboo history through our CRD Community Heritage Registry.
Heritage conservation at the District level commenced in December 2005 with the Heritage Conservation Service Establishment Bylaw No. 4070. This Bylaw set in motion the plans to undertake a Community Heritage Registry for the Cariboo Regional District. Many funding sources require inclusion on a heritage register before accepting an application.
In order to help generate this registry, the Cariboo Regional District Heritage Steering Committee is seeking nominations of buildings, structures or landscape features that are of heritage value in the Cariboo Region.
Please note the CRD Registry does not apply to lands or areas of interest within Wells, 100 Mile House, Quesnel and Williams Lake. In those cases, nominations should be directed to the appropriate municipality.
If you know of a building, structure or landscape features that you feel deserves heritage distinction we invite you to complete the attached nomination form. The CRD's Heritage Steering Committee and the CRD Board of Directors will then review the application.
The CRD Community Heritage Register:
• is a planning tool, utilized by communities interested in integrating heritage conservation activities into other local government land use planning processes.
• provides formal recognition for historic places.
• must be adopted by a CRD Board resolution.
• has legal status as the first step toward inclusion on provincial and federal heritage registries.
• may be created from a new list of historic places, or from an existing inventory.
The CRD Community Heritage Register does not:
• put a limit on the changes a heritage property owner may make to his or her historic place.
• constitute designation or any other type of formal protection of an historic place.
• create financial liability for the CRD
• provide funding
• does not necessarily provide public access to land and/or buildings.
Page last modified: April 07, 2017 16:30:00 PDT