Category: Evacuation Alerts
SOUTHEAST CANIM LAKE, SOUTH MAHOOD LAKE, ELECTORAL AREA L
AND PART OF ELECTORAL AREA G
July 15, 2017 – 3:00 pm
An Evacuation Alert has been issued by Cariboo Regional District at the Emergency Operations Centre (EOC).
Because of the potential danger to life and health, the Cariboo Regional District has issued an Evacuation Alert for the following areas:
- East of the existing Forest Grove/100 Mile House Fringe North evacuation alert to the east boundary of Electoral Area H and north to the south side of Canim Lake and the south side of Mahood Lake.
- Part of Electoral Area G from the East side of Highway 97 to the west boundary of Electoral Area L from the south side of 100 Mile House to the south boundary of the Cariboo Regional District.
- All of Electoral Area L
See attached map http://bit.ly/2uqLFDH
An Evacuation Alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be required.
Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to evacuation; however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO WHEN AN ALERT IS IN EFFECT
Upon notification of an ALERT, you should be prepared for the evacuation order by:
- Locating all family members or co-workers and designate a Reception Centre outside the evacuation area, should an evacuation be called while separated.
- Gathering essential items such as medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (i.e. insurance), immediate care needs for dependants and, if you choose, keepsakes (photographs, etc). Have these items readily available for quick departure.
- Preparing to move any disabled persons and/or children.
- Moving pets and livestock to a safe area.
- Arranging to transport your household members or co-workers in the event of an evacuation order. If you need transportation assistance from the area please call 250-392-6284.
- Arranging accommodation for your family if possible. In the event of an evacuation, Reception Centres will be opened if required.
- Monitoring news sources for information on evacuation orders and locations of Reception Centres.
For continued information visit the Cariboo Regional District’s website at http://www.cariboord.ca or follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/CRDEmergencyOperations
For more information contact: Emergency Operations Centre Public Information Line at 1-866-759-4977